Thursday, April 15, 2010

On the first day of Easter...

The Easter bunny brought to me: A sugar-high, 5 extra pounds, and too much introspection leading to a self-diagnosis of being an "emotional" eater. Thanks, Easter Bunny. Maybe some sugar-free candy next year? Or just a nice dress?

The kids faired a bit better:



Until... Ella broke her thumb. It all kind of went down hill from there.

1 splint, 1 blue cast and $800 (ish) dollars later, we decided that the Easter Bunny is banned from our house. To emphasize this decision, Jackson cut up his brand new (for church) Gymboree polo shirt and I almost threw away my stash of cadbury mini eggs.



2 comments:

Laurel Dougall said...

oh erica, i am truly sorry!!!! i hope you are consoling yourself with some yummy chocolate anyway . . .

MediocreMama said...

Funny, the Easter brought me the same issues.

I'm really sorry Jackson cut up his shirt. I mean...REALLY sorry.