Friday, April 2, 2010

Fool me once...






So I really got the kids good this year-- I fooled them the night before April Fools day. Ha! Ha! This year we had chocolate/Raspberry pie for dinner disguised as hamburger meat and mashed potatoes colored with pureed beets and jello juice with straws. The jello juice was the most convincing because I poured dye to match the kids jello juice into our water. When the kids had trouble sucking up their "juice"--Robert and I drank ours with no problem. It was funny because Max actually got pretty frustrated and wanted to drink out of my cup instead of his. For dessert we had, grilled "cheese" sandwiches and sushi. The sandwiches were made with orange colored frosting and pound cake. The sushi really was rice-krispy treats with gummy worms rolled in between them and wrapped in fruit-roll ups. It was a lot of fun.

I also threw in a few photos of the kids making cupcakes on Sunday. If you need a sugar-high, stop by, we can help!

3 comments:

Meredith Hayes said...

Very well executed.

Now come play iPhone scrabble with me!!

MediocreMama said...

What a cool mom! Kids love that stuff.

Sugar high is right. I vowed Sunday night NO SUGAR for the next two weeks. I am still coming down from mine...

Mitch said...

Am I just blind? I didn't see pictures of the pie? I think it is awesome that you do this. When you did it last year, I told Kim that we had to. Alas, April Fool's rolled around, and I remembered too late for us to make it happen. I think we're going to do it anyway one of these nights just for fun.