Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Marathon Blog--Part 6--Ha, I tricked you!


As you can tell, I don't really do so well with the camera but I did make a pretty darn good healthy cookie.  

Here's the recipe:

Erica's fabulous low-fat, verbose, flax-seed filled, healthy chocolate, anti-oxidant chip cookie 

1 stick of "I can't believe it's not butter"
4oz Low fat or fat free cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c brown sugar (unless all you have are brown lumps like me.  Then substitute some white sugar.)
2 eggs
2 1/2 t vanilla extract
1 c wheat flour
1 1/2 c  all purpose flour
2 T ground flax seed
3/4 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
Semi- sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.  NOT 10 minutes--9 minutes.  (I'm kidding, I'm sure an extra minute won't ruin your cookies.)  

So, while I was throwing healthy things into these cookies, I was picturing a future conversation with Max.

Max (33 years old, 6 kids, independently wealthy, G.A.--you get the idea): Mom, I feel I must tell you that as a teenager I snuck out of the house and toilet papered our neighbors' rose bushes.  I promise that is the worse thing I have ever done and the guilt has eaten me alive all these years.  I'm so so sorry, Mom.  You raised me better than that. (Tears glistening in his eyes at this point.)

Me (undisclosed age):  Sweetheart, don't worry.  I already knew that!  But there is something that you don't know, I put flax seed in the chocolate chip cookies I made for you all during your growing up years.  (Chuckling )  I guess I fooled you!

Max: Oh, Mom, you are so clever!  I owe my fantastic success and happiness to you and your fabulous flax seed.  How would you and Dad like to take a cruise-- on me, of course!?

I'm telling you--these are good!  (Okay, so they do taste a little healthy but the kids didn't notice at all!)

1 comment:

Jenae said...

Ypu make me laugh! I love your blog comments, they're priceless