Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Marathon Blog--Part 5--Erica goes to Vancouver


You wouldn't believe how far I made Robert walk so I could see this lighthouse.
It's Apple Cider, okay.  But don't I look cool?
Robert's famous frown-smile.
Important business on the ferry.  

I was a little worried about Vancouver.  I mean, how can you vacation in a place that forces you to find your winter clothes?  Where's the beach?  Luckily, Vancouver was gorgeous in a chilly, green and lush way.  It was every bit the hip city--clean, great food and shopping.  Absolutely loved it.  Will go back.  And your welcome for sparing you the photo of sausages that Robert took.  Yes, probably his favorite part of the trip was the discovery of boar sausage, lamb sausage and few other weird sausages at a seaside market.  He took a picture because he was so amazed.  I was less impressed, hence no picture on the blog.  It is my blog after all, so I get to edit.  

3 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

Bob is definitely channeling Papa in his "frown smile" pic. My Dad also does THAT SAME EXACT THING.

luvs, aby

Mitch said...

Now I'm bugged that I opted out of a work trip I was supposed to go on. Originally I had planned on being in Vancouver in late April - but with a new one month old, I decided not to go. It looks like a cool place! By the way, my word verification was "mistro" - is that where cannibals go for lunch instead of the bistro?

Meredith said...

Isn't Canada fantastic? I thought it would be sort of a poo port but I ended up being quite smitten with life there. I don't get what they were wearing, but after all, nobody's perfecto.