Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Today I forgot my underwear.

Seriously.  It felt like a bad dream.  Like one of those when you get up in front of an audience to speak to them about a spiritual topic and then half-way through your speech you realize that the audience  doesn't have their heads bowed in awe of your talents but rather because you have no clothes on!   Or you look up and realize that you are fully clothed but your audience is naked.  I'm not sure which is worse.  I suppose it depends on who is in the audience.  Did I mention that all your teeth fall out too?

I really wanted to fit in a workout today because I'm slightly obsessed but that is an entirely different post.  Things were really tight to make an appointment today so I decided to shower and get ready at the gym, then pick up the kids and run them to Robert in quick-get-away style. I got myself showered and got ready to change and realized that I had packed earrings, perfume, lotion, two different types of lip-gloss but no underwear.  I felt like a loose woman walking out of the gym without my underthings.  Then I saw a sight that made me feel a bit better, a woman in a tube-top with zero support happily bouncing on a treadmill.   She had to know that 3/4 quarters of her chest was free and easy, right?  Let's just say a few more bounces and it could have been the LVAC topless extravaganza.  So I walked out of the gym sans underwear debating whether or not I would join the woman in a gyrating dance and if men would stuff twenties down my knee-length shorts.  Just so you know, I decided against joining her (although if the men had been offering a cadbury mini-eggs...) and I did go home and remedy my (ahem) situation before going to my appointment.

4 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

Several years ago, like you, I went to the gym and decided to shower/get ready after my workout. I was getting ready to teach my class and as I reached into my gym bag to retrieve my workout towel, I flung it out with great gusto. To my horror, I found that my nude- colored, slightly padded bra had hooked itself onto it. I sat squatted there, perched atop of my gym bag, presenting my ugly granny brazier to my entire (mixed gender) spin class. I wish I had forgotten my underwear that day.

Carolee said...

Oh I did that once when I worked in SLC and J & I went to the gym downtown before work everyday. It is so weird to go around sans underwear.

My duh moment this week was on Monday. I got to the office to do some work - at some point I went to the bathroom and voila - I had not put on any mascara. No one even said anything to me....not even Jared. Wonder what everyone was thinking.

Forgot as in....I kept breaking up fights while getting ready so I got so distracted I forgot to finish what I was doing.

Sarah said...

At least you weren't wearing a skirt....that would have been something else!

Alisha said...

I once forgot to bring a towel. I debated making a run for the used towel bin, and decided against it. I dressed myself completely wet. It was very weird. But not as weird as sharing towels with strangers.