Saturday, May 22, 2010

Random, saturday night thoughts with guilty, chocolate colored feelings.

I'm obsessed with these: :) and these: !!! I never considered myself a person for which an exclamation point or a visual cue would be necessary communication devices! :) See??? I am extremely concerned with what this says about me! Why, oh, why do I feel that I need these two? :) Perhaps my vocabulary isn't as stellar as it once was? Maybe I need to proclaim to the world that I feel happy? :) Maybe as my mother once said, (at least I think it was her...oh, that should be a post of it's own. All the things my mother used to say. Okay, sorry back to my point. :)) "You can say anything with a smile." It's true that I have precious little in the way of an edit button when it comes to the words that come out of my mouth or frankly from my typing fingers! :) This madness must stop! It must! :)



Jackson's Leapster (think educational, electronic babysitter) has been MIA for the last couple of weeks. Today he decided he was on a search and rescue mission. He would not stop until it was found! (Or at least until his attention was diverted elsewhere: lunch, more interesting toy, snack, underwear, book, ball, why does____?,---you get the idea.) Okay, okay, he was fairly diligent about looking for it. He spent about an hour tearing the toy closet apart to find it. (I spent two trying to put it back together, in case you were wondering.) Amazingly, it was found tonight underneath the couch or as I call it the black hole abyss. (I'm just glad it wasn't one of Max's curdled milk sippy cups like I found last time I looked under there. Seriously, EW!) The discovery of the Leapster affected Jackson so greatly that he took time tonight in his prayers to thank Heavenly Father: "Thank you for helping me find my Leapster. That was very nice of you." I smiled to myself at his colloquial way of speaking to God, you know, as if he were a nice uncle or the neighbor down the street. Then I realized how differently we must think of God. You see, I've prayed and prayed for something for years. I am not exaggerating, literally years and not "found" it. I'm not sure if I ever will "find" it. But Jackson made me think. Perhaps, I am approaching Him in the wrong way. I am so caught up in what I want, what I need, what my family/friends need, I am praying but not thinking of Him. I am not thinking of His all encompassing perfect love and goodness. Maybe if I was better at my end of this relationship, I would be more inclined to say, "Thank you, that was very nice of you."

Word to the wise: While trying to lose weight, do not eat milk chocolate brownies...especially 5 of them. Also, do not have fat rolls bigger than your boobs.


Sorry, about the self indulgent post Mom and Dad. I'll have Katie's Kidshine pics/video up tomorrow. Promise.






4 comments:

Sarah said...

You are so funny!!! !! :) I LOVE reading your blog :):)!!!

[AnnieR] said...

Several things:

I try to use "!"s as little as possible. I usually only use them when I'm obviously kidding or being sarcastic, which incidentally, is more often than not. Heyyyyy...

And if I do have to use ":)", it irritates me, because it's usually to smooth out a potentially uncomfortable situation or if the person doesn't know me well and I have to assure them that yes, I am a nice person!

And I love Jackson. He's just...who he is. I want to put him in my pocket and carry him around with me. No exclamation marks found here. Very serious about this one.

Also, I hope you find what you're looking for. It pains me a little to have read that. I just want the people I love to have everything. And as for the people I don't love, they get nothing!

MediocreMama said...

I agree with AnnieR -- :) are usually for people who aren't familiar with my personality who need a little reassurance that yes, I was just joking.

I also double agree with her about !!!! -- we should meet, Annie! -- they should be used sparingly. Excessive use of exclamation points have forced me to never look at certain blogs again. I get a !!!! headache. I never noticed you using them a lot, though...

I, too, love Jackson. I want to pray like him more often as well.

Meredith Hayes said...

You say things about having fat rolls sometimes but I never believe you. It's just what my mom does -- she'll say something like, "Oh I've gained 5 lbs!" She's been the same weight my whole life. Skinny.