Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jackson's Birthday: Lucky number 7!








Jackson prayed that I would make his cake the way he wanted it. No pressure. I am not a professional cake maker by any means but I've felt pretty confidant (in the past) in my ability to produce an edible as well as semi-attractive cake to accompany birthday festivities. But Jackson praying over his cake, well, that made me extremely jittery. Luckily, he was satisfied with the results of my effort and next year I will re-double my efforts to sell him on ice-cream or Costco cakes. I'm not sure I could handle that kind of expectation again!

No, we don't put black marks on our children when they are naughty (people would think that Jackson was BLACK). Jackson had his face painted at school and it was difficult to persuade him to wash it. I wonder how old boys have to be to like to be clean? Hmm. Anyway, Jackson chose to celebrate dinner over chinese food at China Mama's. We had a great time.

Happy Birthday, Jackson! I love, love, love you! Enjoy your lucky 7!

1 comment:

MediocreMama said...

YOU MADE THIS CAKE???? I'm impressed. I thought you were going to say you were too nervous so Christina made it for you. Do your kids know how cool their mom is?