Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scripture Study

We read 2 Nephi chapter 9 tonight. There are a lot of "wo's" and warnings in this chapter. I was feeling fairly good about my righteousness as I explained repentance and the atonement to the kids. The following were the reactions I got:

Kate: (Bursts into tears and wails) What if I don't make it to the Celestial Kingdom to be with Mommy? I know there are some things that I forgot to repent for! (Sob, sob.)

Ella: (Confidently) I don't think I'll make it to the Celestial Kingdom. I'm pretty sure I'll be in that second one. (A few moments later while I am trying desperately to calm everyone down.) I try to feel bad about some things that I do.

Jackson: I always feel bad about what I do!

Me: TIME FOR BED!!!

1 comment:

Carolee said...

I am impressed with the scripture study!! Looks like a good job to me! I am still reading the boys the Book of Mormon out of the toddler books you get at Desert Book. I keep thinking...tomorrow we will start with the "real" scriptures. But, alas, tomorrow comes and I am just so ready to get them in BED!!