Saturday, February 27, 2010

More on Jackson


Okay, so I feel a bit guilty about doing another post on Jackson. I do love my other kids, really I do. It's just that he has been saying some pretty funny things and I can't help myself.

Jackson: Mom, when I wear my coat it feels like summer.


Jackson: (While I am combing his hair one morning) It feels like you are my servant.
Me: No, I am your Mom.
Jackson: But I feel like a King.
Me: Maybe I am doing to many things for you?
Jackson: (Impish grin and won't look me in the eye)

Jackson: Mom, I am in love with Margo. (A girl in his Kindergarten class.)
Me: WHAAAT? WHY? (This is the first time I have heard anything like this out of his mouth.)
Jackson: She is very pretty--she has CHUBBY cheeks! I think I want to marry her when I grow up. I am in love with her.
Me: (trying to salvage this train wreck) Um, maybe you mean that you like her and you are really good friends? Maybe you love her as a friend.
Jackson: No. Mom, I am IN LOVE with her. (He grins from ear to ear and cheerfully runs off to play.)
Me: (under my breath) Crap.


In Jackson's prayer last night, he mentioned he was grateful for recycling and skin.

I love this goofy, sweet, crazy kid. He certainly keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe he used the words "in love with." Very mature! :) Let's hope she fit in the family well!!

Meredith Hayes said...

It takes some men (ahem!) MONTHS to utter such words!