Thursday, March 5, 2009

Are titles really necessary?


Sometimes I feel like my bun is a metaphor for my life.  I am wound tightly, secured into place with a stretchy but ever-circular band--not much escaping.   Then one day there has been too much. Too much.  And it all comes undone.   Today, I am undone.  But still, I can't quite let it all go.  I have been plaited, weaved, twisted and secured by even more ties today.  I hope that I can stretch enough and that it doesn't hurt when those black coils snap back.   

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love reading all your great thoughts:) Your family has such a talent for writing!

Laurel Dougall said...

Yes, good writing. But are you okay?!? I hope so! Email me if you want!

mcampbell said...

Love to my beautiful big sis. Beautiful writing, beautiful braids, beautiful you.

Come visit. It would be fun. :)