Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apology

Dearest Max,

I know you are not happy with me today.  I can tell by your pouty lip, complaints and watery eyes.  I can see that if you could speak, you would form the words, "Mean Mom!"  I know that I am a Mean Mom and I am sorry.  I have tried to support you in your obsession with toilet water but I find that I am wholly unable to get behind this activity.  I know you are mad about the gate and toilet lid locks.  I am sorry.  I hope to be able to be more supportive of your future activities.  I realize that we have had a few disagreements about your culinary tastes.  I must stand firm in my belief that fuzz off our rug and dust bunnies from the corner are not food groups.  I hope that we can come to some sort of an understanding on this point.  Perhaps, if I added a new food to your diet?  
We do have some common ground.  We both enjoy your naps.  May I respectfully suggest that you add a few more minutes to your afternoon snooze? I really think that this may help us get a long a little better.  

As always,

Mom

P.S.  I apologize in advance for the new locks I am about to install on the doors.  I know this will keep you from exploring our front yard, street and garage--some of your favorite places.  I hope that you can overlook these infractions on your freedom and remember how many times I have changed your not so fragrant diapers.

3 comments:

B said...

Love it! Can you write one to Daxter telling him that I'm sorry he's teething but I can't hold him for 6 hours everyday? I have other things I have to do!

Sounds like Max is really enjoying himself :D

Meek Family said...

I'm not sure if I'm excited or trepidatious to once again enter the world of toddlers who are into, eating, and exploring everything. But your kids are sooo cute. We love to see the updates.

Aby Runyan said...

I think Max and Sable should get together - she too enjoys toilet water, a little TOO much. Course even a little IS too much - but she really goes for the gusto with it. And when the potty hasn't been flushed and there is a nice yellow tint to the water, it makes it even MORE appealing to her.
Yes, I think her and Max would be FAST friends.
luvs, aby