Monday, August 25, 2008

The first day of school

Before school started.   Before we left the house both nervous and excited.

Kate was actually embarrassed this year that I wanted to take her picture in class.  Can you tell?  
Cute Ella at her desk.  So excited to finally be in Kindergarten.  She whispered to me, "Mom, I used to pretend that when I went to Preschool I was going to a bigger school--now I don't have to pretend.  I am so big now!"
I'm surprised how emotional I felt saying goodbye to my girls this year. Time keeps marching on regardless of how we feel about it.  And so another year begins...  

5 comments:

Emily said...

Your girls are beautiful. I love Kate's sassy hair. Why can't I get mine to be that cute?

Aby Runyan said...

Ok, so Ella looks JUST like Bob. Well, like a female CUTE version of Bob!

Capri missed the cut-off date for kindergarten this year by 10 days. She wants to go so badly that I'm sure she too will be spending each day she is in Headstart (pre-K) imagining she is in "Big" school.
luvs, aby

B said...

I think school starting there and not having us around has made it sink in a little more that we've moved! Alixie would have LOVED being in class with Ella, since they were already friends in Primary... sigh... oh well!!! :)

Angie said...

Ohhh!! I' so excitied for Ella and Kate. School s so fun....and they are growing up way too fast.

chayes said...

Loved the pictures!! What beautiful girls. I can hardly wait to hear all about that first big day!