Monday, April 18, 2011

Hawaii Chicks

I think Robert may be having a mid-life crisis and it involves Chickens.  Not the delicious marinated, grilled kind--no, no--the-loud-smelly-egg-laying variety.  I cannot fathom this.  I have tried.  I have tried to see the appeal and to feel the utter joy and contentment he feels when they lay an egg.

So I asked, "Where does this new obsession with chickens come from?"
He responds,"What new obsession? I've always liked Chicks."

He gets a "har--har" from me but that's about it.  The fact is--it's weird.  He always wants to talk about his chickens.  All I can figure is that it is a throw-back gene from the pioneer-cross-the-plains days.

So we had a great time in Hawaii--maybe a little too much chicken talk but what can you do?  It's a mid-life crisis.





2 comments:

Sarah said...

At least they're in Hawaii and not Las Vegas!

[AnnieR] said...

Hahahaha! He looks so happy with his little chick. It's like this fatherly love-smile. I'm dying! He TOTALLY loves he chickens.