Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Max's First Day of Preschool or What the Heck, where did the last three years go?

The preschool-aged child himself--complete with spiderman backpack stuffed with his favorite stuffed bunny friend and his "B" (blanket--can't go to school with out it. I mean what if you are the only 2 3/4 year old who forgot his "B"?)
Me: Max, it's your first day of school! You are such a big boy!
Max: I go school now Mommy. I go pee and poo-poo in potty so I big boy. I go school NOW mommy.

Yes, I felt a little emotional dropping off my little buddy for his first day of school. I went to an Adult Religion class and got myself some edu-ma-cation as I have been wanting to do for years. It was nice. I keep reminding myself that it isn't like it's Kindergarten. It's only for a couple hours--I still get to keep him for a few more years--like 15. Yeah, then a few hours don't seem to bother me. Especially when I think about how old I'll be then. I might need a walker, happy pills and Botox! Yikes. I'm not liking this train of thought. MOVING ON... Last week I canned peaches because that is a very hip, young thing to do. Not matronly at ALL. At least my peaches will still be pretty when I am not....



3 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

He's just so darling. Sigh.

Sarah said...

My nephew is in his preschool class! His name is Wid. Yes, that's really his name.

MediocreMama said...

I'm still waiting for the tears but...maybe....nope, they're not coming. I loved my 2 1/2 hours with Larry today. But then again, it's not my baby like you pointed out.

I actually think canning peaches is a very hip thing to do in all seriousness.