Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crappy Pictures. Fabulous Kids.

Kate and Jackson are now yellow belts in Tae Kwan Do! I can't spell it but you don't want to meet either kid in a dark alley way. They could take you. Seriously. Their teacher (master, coach???) testing them in front of their classmates. Super scary.
And today, Kate was honored at an Awards ceremony at her elementary school. She received two awards and a medal for straight A's. One of awards was the Role Model Award. Her teacher said that the any place Kate was would be better because she was there. It choked me up. Not because I was proud but rather, I can't think of anything more that I want for any of my children... to make their environment better simply because of who they are and what they are.

Thank you Kate, for your example to all and mostly to your old Mom. I love you and I am so, so proud of you.


1 comment:

[AnnieR] said...

Oh that Kate. What a great honor--probably the best award I can think of. You should be really proud, Erica.