Friday, December 12, 2008

Long noses...

This morning at breakfast, Kate had a confession for me.  She told me she really did not write the poem.  Apparently, it is a song.  Kate loves to write songs down on paper for some reason. Anyway, we had a long talk about claiming something as your own when it's not.  There were tears, and apologies and so all is forgiven.  Kate, my sweet girl, does write beautiful things but that cute little poem cannot be claimed as her own.  Hopefully, she will learn this life lesson well. I will leave the poem on the blog but erase her name.   Why do I love her even more for her confession?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl for telling you. I am very impressed!

Angie said...

Oohh Kate...I love you so, even if you didn't write that little prose.

Monk Family said...

Thank goodness for little girls! Hope things are going well for you guys. I love reading your blog. Have a wonderful holiday season. Love, Aunt Nancy