Friday, November 14, 2008

Caca

I know I haven't blogged for a while and now I can finally explain why. I didn't want to let it be known in bloggy land that I have been alone for the last three weeks, well as alone as you can be with 4 kids. (All you stalkers, murders, robbers you missed your chance. My husband is back and he has some big guns. Interpret that as you like.) Anyway, this has been a pretty crappy couple of weeks. (Insert a lot of complaining HERE.) This is what happened:
1) Nail in foot of a child. Mix-up in Dr. office resulting in screaming, unhappy child thinking she will have to have shot. Happily, no shot just nail in the foot and 30 dollar co-pay in Doctor's wallet.
2) 4 kids plus one mom with strep throat. Lots of antibiotics. Lots.
3) One child with hives. Blame placed on antibiotics.
4) Same child, diagnosed with Acute Rheumatic fever. Which includes 2 visits to the cardiologist, 6 vials of blood being drawn and 15 years on an antibiotic.
5) One child poked in the eye with scissors. Thankfully, child scissors and after a nice, long visit to the eye doctor child completely satisfied with the experience due to bendy, roll-up eye shades. Child fine, so Mom satisfied too.
6) 2 more eye doctor visits resulting in one more child with glasses.
7) I forgot to mention one child with Scarlet Fever. How could I forget that you ask? Well, re-read the list. That ought to explain it.

And just today, because we haven't had enough fun already, child diagnosed with walking-pneumonia and on breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. Sister feeling jealous so woke up this morning with fever. Brother not to be outdone, also running fever and baby, who doesn't like to be left out, was found sucking on sick sister's sippy cup.

Good times.

6 comments:

B said...

Holy FREAKING crap Erica... you have to be kidding me!!! Did you go anywhere in the last four weeks other than to Drs? YIKES!

Aby Runyan said...

What the he#* is going on over there???
How is all that even possible? I'm at a total loss for words. You've gotta be one tough cookie to be still sane and blogging after/during all that.

You have all my/our love.
luvs, aby

Baptiste said...

Oh my gosh Erika, we couldn't feel more sorry for you! That's just insane. We are thinking about your family.

Meek Family said...

We're soooo sorry to hear about you and your sick kids. Prayers going up for you and yours.

Tarahh77 said...

I am so sorry all that is going on! Can I help? Go to Costco for you?

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry... I only knew about a couple of things and THAT seemed bad. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is, please call me and I can help with whatever to you need. Dinner, a taxi driver, some time alone so you can shower. CALL ME!