Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gym Rants

People, please tell me why, oh why you would wear a Victoria Secret half-cup push-up bra, with a sheer, sparkly, sequined top to a weight lifting class?  But of course, if you did, your outfit wouldn't be complete without a few large rhinestone bracelets and don't forget to flash the poor flat-chested woman behind you.  Let her know what it looks like to have boobs and remind her that her sports bra is just for show.  Thank you for the view today sparkly-topped well-endowed woman.  I can't wait to see what you have on next Wednesday.

And a special dedication goes out to my favorite Spin Class instructor who while at least forty, calls himself "Hops", and let all of us spin-crazed women know up-front that while he is a player and a flirt, he does not date people from the gym.  (And, sadly, yes he was being FOR REAL.)    I, for one, am truly relieved.  I might have been tempted to leave my husband of 11 years for you, Hops.  Your thoughtfulness is truly appreciated.  I'm going to go cry into my sugar-free sparkling water now and wonder about what could have been.   At least I know that tomorrow, I will get to hear more about how you never have to wait in line at the airport, like regular people.  And maybe you will tell the story again about how you met your close, personal friend the director the of the DMV.  I can't wait.

5 comments:

Annie said...

We have our own Hops here in PA. He goes by the name of Boz and wears spandex whether he's spinning or not.

Mitch said...

I think pictures are a must when such encounters are made, because the internet just doesn't have enough photos of busty women. :)

PS Tell Bob he's a BM for not responding to my last email.

Emily said...

I've read this post four times now, and I've laughed harder each time. Your gym sounds awesome, I may want to join when we're back in Vegas. I'd like to meet this Hops. Sounds like he makes spin class very interesting.

kassidi bridge said...

Ok, I seriously can't stop laughing.

Kristen said...

Your rants are top notch - hats off to you lady!!!