Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Funny Ella

If you've ever used Downy Wrinkle Releaser you know that it is like manna from heaven for those of us who hate to iron.  I hate ironing.  I try and do it once every six months when the guilt and the huge pile of clothes overwhelm me.  On that special day, you can hear the thrilled and surprised sounds from my husband and children exclaiming, "Wow.  I forgot I had that shirt!" or  "Hey, I remember this!" So it is no wonder that my husband was asking me over and over again one evening if I knew where the Wrinkle Releaser was located. (note he did not ask me to iron his shirt--he's lived with me long enough!) I replied that I thought we were out of it.  He was disappointed and decided he might have to change his shirt--until Ella stepped in!

Ella:  Dad, I know where the wrinkle releaser is.
Robert: You do? 
Ella:  Yeah,  come on.  I'll show you!
(She takes him to the Laundry Room and shows him the iron and ironing board.)
Ella:  Here it is Dad.  Do you want me to show you how to use it?

Me: I am having a fit of hysterics!  She is so my daughter.  

4 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

Ooohhhhh, a new blog - yay! I feel like I haven't talked to you guys in just about forever. I'm excited to read about the daily haps in the Bob Reynolds family (that's right, I still call him Bob).
luvs, aby

Annie said...

Aby, I think Erica is the only one in the family that actually calls him Robert. I think it's very cute. I'm still waiting for the day she slips and calls him Robbie, which we all are very sure she does behind closed doors. This isn't funny to you since you have a brother named Robbie but its funny to me, thinking of Bob as a Robbie. Robbie. Hee-hee-hee.

Oh, and Erica--Nordstrom/Brooks Brother's No-Iron dress shirts saved my marriage.

avey said...

Yea! I love you Erica.....: ) since we don't get to talk as often as I would like, I can catch up this way. Your profile photo cracks me up. The thing is, you really don't look like that, EVER! nice try though. talk to you soon. miss you so much.

Emily said...

Love it... this hilarious post, that you also don't iron, and that you've got a new blog! Yay!