Thursday, November 11, 2010

Never leave home with out it.

Max threw a huge tantrum today.  He decided that he wanted a cracker as soon as I had all four kids buckled in the car (for the fourth time before noon, I might add) and I refused to go and get him one.  We were on a short jaunt to pick up a couple of playmates for the girls and I knew he could last.  The plan was to turn on the video and let him tune out for a few minutes.  Apparently the cracker was more important to him than I realized.  He screamed, cried, kicked the seat, wiped snot on my newly cleaned car all the while screaming his mantra, "I want a cracker!! I want a CRACKER!"  Over and over.  There was no reasoning with him.  The kid wanted his cracker.  But as I explained, I cannot produce something that I do not have.  This made no sense to him.  He felt strongly that if he screamed loud enough I would somehow acquire the power to rearrange molecules and produce a cracker for him.  Believe me, by the time the 20 minute drive was over, I was wishing that I could.  Anyway, he got his cracker as soon as we got home.  He calmed right down and thanked me politely.

A few hours later, we were in the car again driving to soccer practice.  After a few minutes, Max thoughtfully piped up, "Momma, I no want a cracker."

Well, thank GOODNESS for that!

3 comments:

tjnicky said...

I'm so glad you survived the "crackerless" drive!! Your posts always make me laugh!

MediocreMama said...

OH NO...snot in the clean car??? It never lasts, does it.

Carolee said...

Or, that stinkin' sippy cup. Everytime I get in the car someone always says, "where's my drink?" Seriously, the sippy cup has it's good and it's very bad....like they think it is normal for me to take it EVERYWHERE so they can have a drink.